phpEmployment version 1.8
Demo| Main Features|Advanced Features|Requirements|Installation|Download|Order|
No Unemployment Forever!!!
A full featured, completely automated, high quality Employment/Recruitment system.
phpEmployment is the perfect solution for entrepreneurs who want to have a web community or portal that offers targeted employment options.
- Portable: no operating system dependent code;
- Quick and easy installation;
- Translatable into any language(100% Language independence);
- Fully customizable HTML;
- Easy navigation/interface;
- Job/Resume Browsing by category;
- Advanced Search capabilities;
- Sorting results by fields;
- Hits counting;
- Forgot password reminder;
- Email notification;
- Smart and Flexible Registration for Employers and Jobseekers;
- Logo/Photo uploading;
- Email address confirmation;
- Edit and Delete Ads;
- Extendibility of the code;
Advanced Features: (this features available only with additional "Advanced Module" ):
- Powerful search engine to find a topic, message or user
- Repeated Ad records control
- Bad word Filter
- Validation Email
- Validation message size
- File Upload control by type, size and dimensions
- HTML tags filter for user postings
- Powerful and easy admin control.
- Auto delete option. "Keep the database clean automatic"
- Advanced username and password security!
- Full support of payment gateways (2CheckOut,Authorize.net,PayPal)
- Automatic accepting and managing payments
- Capability to grant job posting right to employers manually by admin
- Flexible Pricing, 3 group of fees(Personal,Non-Profit Organization,CORPORATE/BUSINESS)
- Easy tuning of all settings via admin page
- PHP 3.x or greater
- A web server supported by PHP (Apache is most widely used)
- A database with adequate support compiled into PHP.
The currently supported database backends are:
Microsoft SQL Server,
ODBC (Open Database Connectivity),
1) Obtain phpEmployment.zip
2) unzip it into the directory you want (best way is document root 'htdocs' or 'www')
3) Make sure your directory structure is like this:
phpEmployment/conf (chmod to 777)
phpEmployment/photoes (chmod to 777)
Attention! Befor running Install script you need to set permissions to make 'conf' directory and it's content files writable!
This involves using the CHMOD command. If you do not understand CHMOD, there are some resources and information listed at
. CHMOD as follows:
chmod 777 conf (this is a directory)
chmod 777 all files in the conf directory
After the installation and final configuration you may chmod "conf" directory to 606 for security purposes.
4) Run install.php in your web browser and follow the instructions.
4) Create a MySQL database (If you have an installed MySQL database and enough experinece in SQL
you may pass this step).
The database needs a database-name, a username, and a password.
The database-name can be any name beginning with a letter, the username
should be your unix login name. The password must be different from all
other passwords in your system for security reasons.
If you have root access to the MySQL server then you can create the
database following these instructions:
4.1. On UNIX prompt write:
mysqladmin -uroot -p create YourDataBaseName
(enter MySQL root password)
4.2. On UNIX prompt write:
mysql -uroot -p
(enter MySQL root password)
4.3. On MySQL prompt write:
grant select, insert, update, create, alter, delete, drop
identified by 'PASSWORD' ;
If you don't have root access then you have to ask the webmaster to
create a database for you. Just specify the database-name, username,
and password. Remember that the database password must be different from
your normal password.
5) Create database tables
There are two ways:
- From the command line for your operating system, type
% mysql YourDataBaseName < phpEmployment.sql
This will send the statements into the mysql client and create the tables for you. To verify that this was done correctly, go into the mysql client and see.
You should see
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.22.32
Type 'help' for help.
mysql> show tables;
and you should see the next tables listed
| Tables_in_YourDataBaseName |
pE_city // the cities list
pE_country // the countries list
pE_employers // Registered employers
pE_job // for jobs records
pE_jobseekers // Registered jobseekers
pE_resume // for resume records
- use phpMyAdmin or similar DataBase Web Administration tools to run the SQL requests from phpEmployment.sql file
6) Make changes to the conf/conf.inc file. This file is well documented, so you should be able to pick out what you need to change fairly easily.
########### MySQL DataBase Setting ####################
$dbname = "yourDBName"; //DataBase Name
$hostname = "mysql.yourdomain.comm:64366"; //Host Name:PORT
$username = "yourDBUserName"; //DataBase Access UserName
$password = "yourDBPassword"; //DataBase Access Password
########### WebDocs real path #################
$path="/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpEmployment"; //real path
$catalogurl="http://localhost/phpEmployment"; //Your Site URL
$sp="/"; //Windows System '\\'
$admin="firstname.lastname@example.org"; //Admin email
############## Color configuration for the default HTML table layout
$design["tab_color"]="#d4d5c2"; //HTML Table background color tag setting
$design["tr_color"]="#E4E5D2"; //HTML Table <tr> tag background color setting
$design["td_color"]="white"; //HTML Table <td> tag background color setting
include("../languages/lang_eng.inc"); choose Interface Language
7) Customize next Arrays values in languages/lang_yourlanguage.inc file if you need more custom structure for your data.
REMEMBER! The basic changes are possible only during first installation.
Then it is not allowable to change array keys and values meaning. You may only edit entries in the context of their basic meaning.
For example it not correctly change "Student (High School)" entry from $education array to "Retired" or reorder array keys. It threatens to break posting ad data.
Similarly you may change countries and cities entries in 'ecountries', 'ecities' tables keeping the uniqueness of 'cid' fields.
Remember also that each cid value meets flag image name in img/flags directory
It is easy to do this simply editing phpEmployment.sql file befor running of the SQL requestes.
Otherwise use MySQL database tools or phpEmployment Admin Module(if you registerd user) for editing.
8) Once all this has been done, you should protect the conf/conf.inc file (that contains
your login/password for db access). Look at your server documentation to find out
how to do this.
For the Apache server, you'll need to create an ".htaccess" file (without quotes) in
the conf subdir that contains:
Deny From All
You may create your own language interface simply translating the message variables in the lang_eng.inc.
9) To customize page layout you may edit next two files in 'templetes' folder:
you have got opportunity to try application before you have decided to use and
purchase it !
"Free Edition" includes all the Main Features
If you need admin and advanced features (see advanced features list)
you have to purchase on-line Full/Advanced Edition
Download "Free Edition" Size: 256.57 KB
Prices, Order On-Line:
phpEmployment 1.8 (Advanced Version) $149.95
Select your payment method and options below then click "Continue to Order Form".
Sale Attention! We now offer 30%! discount